Seven projects are expected to open to traffic by the end of 2023 to unlock gridlock on I-95 in the Fredericksburg region.
These improvements are being funded by a combination of public and private investment.
Collectively, these projects seek to add new travel lanes to the I-95 corridor in Stafford, Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania and deliver a better ride for motorists with greater predictability, faster speeds and fewer delays.
- South Rappahannock River Crossing
- North Rappahannock River Crossing
- Express Lanes
- Exit 140 Diverging Diamond Interchange and Courthouse Road Widening
- Safety Improvements at Route 3 (Exit 130)
- Exit 126, Route 1 Southbound onto Southpoint Parkway Widening
- Route 606 (Mudd Tavern Road) I-95 Overpass Replacement and Road Improvements East of I-95